- Business Source Premier — Provides full text for over 1,830 scholarly business journals covering management, economics, finance, accounting, international business and more. This is a licensed database, and users outside of NOBLE libraries will need to enter their library card number for access.
- Mass.gov: Business — Business resources and online services from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- First.gov: Businesses and Nonprofits — A large, organized collection of resources from all governments departments and agencies
- Small Business Administration — The United States Small Business Administration’s mission is to “maintain and strengthen the nation’s economy by aiding, counseling, assisting and protecting the interests of small businesses and by helping families and businesses recover from national disasters.
Massachusetts Business Resources
- Business — News stories and resources from Boston.com
- Boston Business Journal — News and resources, including a calendar of area business events
- SCORE Boston — “SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide”
- North Shore Chamber of Commerce — “The North Shore Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to actively shaping public policy and events so that decisions by business and government result in an improved economy and quality of life for the region.”
- North Shore Technology Council — “The North Shore Technology Council (NSTC) is a non-profit organization for technology businesses and professionals. The North Shore Technology Council’s mission is to build a community for interaction, collaboration and advancement of technology business in Massachusetts’ North Shore region.”
- North Shore Business Forum — This organization is a group of small business owners from Boston’s North Shore who meet for informal lectures on a variety of topics
- North Shore Women in Business — This organization’s mission is “to be an outstanding businesswomen’s networking group focused on supportive interactions among members and other professional organizations”
Business and Financial News
- Big Charts — A collection of investment research tools like interactive charts, quotes, industry analysis, intraday stock screeners, as well as market news and commentary
- CEO Express — A “business portal site
for executives, created by a CEO”
- EDGAR Database — Reports filed by companies with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Hoover’s Online
- Kiplinger Online
- Careers — Articles on all aspects of job hunting and career management, plus a database of more than 30,000 job opportunities from the Wall Street Journal