ECE 103 -Child Growth and Development- Spring 2011
Note: Click on resource for link to website. If link does not open, paste the website address into your browser for access to site.
Here are the power point presentations from the social emotional website for Infant / Toddler
More power point presentations for preschool guidance and discipline/social emotional development
- MODULE 1- http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/resources/training_preschool.html
#mod1 - Promoting Children's Success: Building Relationships and Creating Supportive Environments
- MODULE 2 - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/modules/module2/script.pdf - Social/Emotional Teaching Strategies
- MODULE 3a - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/modules/module3a/script.pdf - Individualized Intensive Interventions: Determining the Meaning Challenging behavior
- MODULE 3b - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/modules/module3b/script.pdf - Individualized Intensive Interventions: Developing a Behavior Support Plan
- MODULE 4 - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/modules/module4/script.pdf - Leadership Strategies for Supporting Children’s Social and Emotional Development and Addressing Challenging Behavior
This is the website for the videos for social emotional development resources for social emotional development 0-5. The Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) is focused on promoting the social emotional development and school readiness of young children birth to age 5. CSEFEL is a national resource center funded
by the Office of Head Start and Child Care Bureau for disseminating research and
evidence-based practices to early childhood programs across the country.
- Training Kit 2 - Understanding impact of language difference on classroom Behavior - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk2.pdf
- Training Kit 3 - Helping Children Understand Routines and Classroom Schedule - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk3.pdf
- Training Kit 4 - Helping Children Make Transitions between Activities by M. M. Ostrosky, E. Y. Jung, M. L. Hemmeter - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk4.pdf
- Training Kit 5 - Using Classroom Activities and Routines as Opportunities to
Support Peer Interaction by T. Bovey, P. Strain - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk5.pdf
- Training Kit 6 - Using Environmental Strategies to Promote Positive Social
Interactionsby T. Bovey, P. Strain - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk6.pdf
- Training Kit 7 - Helping Children Learn to Manage Their Own Behavior by L. Fox,
S. Garrison - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk7.pdf
- Training Kit 8 - Promoting Positive Peer Social Interactions by T. Bovey, P.
Strain - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk8.pdf
- Training Kit 9 - What are Children Trying to Tell Us?: Assessing the Function
of Their Behavior by L. Fox, M. Duda - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk9.pdf
- Training Kit 10 - Positive Behavior Support: An Individualized Approach for
Addressing Challenging Behavior by L. Fox - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk10.pdf
- Training Kit 11 - Using Functional Communication Training to Replace Challenging
Behavior by G. Dunlap, M. Duda - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk11.pdf
- Training Kit 12 - Building Positive Teacher-Child Relationships by M.M.
Ostrosky, E.Y. Jung - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk12.pdf
- Training Kit 13 - Inclusion: The Role of the Program Administrator by B. J.
Smith, P. Strain, M. M. Ostrosky - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk13.pdf
- Training Kit 14 - The Role of Time-Out in a Comprehensive Approach for
Addressing Challenging Behaviors of Preschool Children by G. Dunlap, L. Fox, M.L. Hemmeter, P. Strain - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk14.pdf
- Training Kit 15 - Using Choice and Preference to Promote Improved Behavior by G.
Dunlap, D. Liso - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk15.pdf
- Training Kit 16 - Fathers and Father-Figures: Their Important Role in Children’s
Social and Emotional Development by A. Quesenberry, M.M. Ostrosky, R.M. Corso -
- Training Kit 17 - Strategies for Increasing Peer Social Interactions: Prompting
and Acknowledgment by T. Bovey and P. Strain - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk17.pdf
- Training Kit 18 - Logical Consequences by L. Fox and S. Langhans - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk18.pdf
- Training Kit 19 - Helping Children Express Their Wants and Needs by M. M.
Ostrosky, M. L. Hemmeter, J. Murry, and G. Cheatham - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk19.pdf
- Training Kit 20 - Expressing Warmth and Affection to Children by S. Twardosz -
- Training Kit 21 - Fostering Emotional Literacy in Young Children: Labeling
Emotions by G. Joseph, P. Strain, M. M. Ostrosky - http://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/kits/wwbtk21.pdf